Is this class over already?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BB5gHFIQJtY/

Just about everyone has heard about 21st century skills. I took a look at the article about the characteristics of a 21st century teacher.  I thought that it was great to look at the different characteristics as it helps teachers to see what areas that they are strong in and others they need to grow in.

Here are the 15 Characteristics:

  1. Learner-Centered classroom and personalized instructions
  2. Students as producers
  3. Learn new technologies
  4. Go global
  5. Be smart and use smart phones
  6. Blog
  7. Go digital
  8. Collaborate
  9. Use twitter chat
  10. Connect
  11. Project-based learning
  12. Build your positive digital footprint
  13. Code
  14. Innovate
  15. Keep learning
Wow! I feel like we have covered a few of these throughout this course. I think that this course really has helped me see some areas that I want to develop more, and continue on. Blogging wasn't something I thought I would keep doing, but I have enjoyed getting a look at how this can be used on a regular basis. The twitter chats were fun to experience, but I think I need to join in one a few more times to see what more I could get out of the professional learning communities more. 

I really enjoyed this course! I think we explored quite a few topics, many of which were new to me. I think that the interaction for the blog, and conversations between the students helps this course move fast. I like the structure and set up of the course and how clear the instructions were for each week. 

Connected back to the characteristics of a 21st century teacher, I am looking forward to the coding class! I had to take a programming class in my undergrad but I didn't really get much out of it. I think that this course will be helpful to connect in with my algebra 1 classes, and start to get the students engaged in a field that is growing. 

Comments

  1. Happy to hear you enjoyed blogging. I would definitely encourage you to keep up with it. You can share lessons you've done with your algebra 1 class and perhaps have students serve as "guest bloggers" where they share short video clips of lessons that they explain! If we want our students to grow it is important for us to model that growth as well. The 21st Century skills list is a great place to start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen - I chose this same article, and also felt as though we had covered many of the items on the list...it's as if Nicole planned it that way! :) Thank you for sharing your perspective on the article and affirming what I thought; the list is a great place to start and to help us determine which areas of technology in education work for us and inspire us to continue learning. Good luck with the coding class!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Twitter Chats... Don't forget to....

21st Century Skills

Adulting: Meet the Adult