Where does my teaching fall?

A lot of the concepts that were presented this week were concepts that have been talking about in each of our classes. The SAMR model is a great starting point for all teachers to start working with when starting to use technology in the classroom.

The Triple E concept was the one that is new to me. I found it engaging to read the check list that Nicole provided to see ways to determine if my technology is really making a difference. So let's first discuss the Triple E concept.
http://www.tripleeframework.com/about.html
I like that this concept is simple and easy to understand. As an educator builds a lesson, each E allows the teacher to see the true effectiveness for the technology being used. Technology being added into a classroom should have a purpose. I like that this model has 3 areas that it can provide a purpose. Extending a lesson allows it to get to the next level. Enhancing it allows for further development, and engaging helps keep the focus on the learning targets and not just how it can be presented in a different way.

So, how did I measure up? Based on my answers to each question, I scored 11 points. My use of technology has a strong connection with the learning goals. This was based as an overall general scoring. I am curious as to what my score would be with each lesson, as it can change with each unit and lesson.
Screen capture from https://www.iste.org/explore/articleDetail?articleid=334&category=In-the-classroom&article=

I am looking forward to using the different models with next school year's lessons to help the engagement and enhancement for my students. I think that they are great tools to have handy, and would find it helpful to have them accessible or laminated as a handy card. 

Comments

  1. Imagine also if you could get your entire math department to evaluate lessons utilizing this framework!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also chose to dive deeper into what the triple E framework was as I was also curious. I agree with you that my lessons overall ended in about the same spot as you (which of course makes sense since we use similar/the same lessons of course). I think we really could work on the extending stage personally wouldn't you agree? I do think we should look into evaluate our lessons using this framework next year as a quick check to ensure we are engaging, enhancing and extending our learning objectives through the use of technology.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two thoughts struck me as I was reading your post and looking at the 3 E's graphic. If you substituted the word "lesson" for "technology" in each sentence in the framework, the 3E's is a great tool for simply reflecting on whether or not our lessons evoke quality teaching and learning. My second thought is a question. If the 3E's were layered on to of SAMR, do the 3E's nearly guarantee that a tech enhanced lesson gets closer to modified or redefined lessons in SAMR? It seems to me all of extend is mostly possible only due to our mobile tech and home devices. The last enhance sentence has the words "that they could not do traditionally" right there! And the first sentence of engage could arguably be possible with technology if designed well by the teacher.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Twitter Chats... Don't forget to....

21st Century Skills

Adulting: Meet the Adult